Sunday, October 23, 2011

Feeling Inspired

It only happens a few times a year that I feel this creative energy rushing through me and I'm all giddy and inspired and shit.  I mean I got the new Zero 7 album from my sister and am listening to that very loud- I mean no harm, no foul, right? My neighbors get up with their one year old at 8 am on Sunday and decide to practice marching and talking loud up and down the hallway, the people beneath me decide to start hammering at 945 am when me and mine are trying to get sleep-so hell yeah-blast some Zero 7!!!

I was checking and updating my job postings when I stumbled across my super duper almost dream job-a librarian.  I applied for a librarian job before and it got down to me and someone else.  I always got the feeling if I got that job at Georgetown on the cusp of electronic media coming out (and I would have had a mac), my life would have been fantastic.  But we cannot meditate and live in the past can we?

So, today, I've got to put all my energy towards applying for this job.  Am I a nanny to two kids right now? Yeah, but I have to apply for jobs to get my unemployment, so I just keep pushing forward. If I get it, then what?  Cross that bridge later.

And to think, I haven't even taken my meds today....

Oh and can I just say how I love the month of October?! I love fall all the way up to Thanksgiving, then it's mondo depression until January.  I hate Thanksgiving, I hate Christmas like you don't even know.  But October to me is like the sound of rustling leaves, the smell of fresh leaves being raked in a pile, the shining of sun through a crumbling building that may have spirits walking the halls.  Man, I love all that shit.  It's like my creative stream just rushes from my fingers faster than I can hold on to it.  How do you formulate a story and write down plans when you feel like your brain is on speed and everyone is moving so slow around you?

Cheers to you and yours...I'm taking care of me and mines.