Sunday, August 7, 2011

Keep Getting Knocked Down

Did you ever have a day or a week in which you feel like you just keep getting knocked down and it's like I can not get back up. Each time I stand, it feels like someone is pushing me down. So, you figure, I should just stay down.  That has been my life since March.  Since I turned 40, my life has been a crap shoot.  Illustrated with the following craptastic events:
  1. I get hired for a job and fired before I even begin.  I spent a day there, taking notes at a meeting and they call me and tell me never come back.  No explanation, no excuse, no letter (like they promised) just zilch.
  2. I actually had to ask an organization to pay my rent for two (now maybe 3 months) because my unemployment won't cover it.
  3. I worked with a temp agency and I had to leave the assignment because of a death in the family.  Now I don't even want to get in touch with them to see if they want me back because they lost a big contract.
  4. I am on more drugs now than I ever was in my life.  It's like I just don't even care, but I take them and I still get sick after being told I wouldn't.
So, what's a girl to do-aside from sitting on the floor and watching episode after episode of Snapped or the History International Channel?
  1. I signed up with a new temp agency that promises to get me more than what I was making before, which is awesome!
  2. I signed up for a new job locator service that delivers results to my inbox daily. I can save them and go back and apply for jobs.
  3. I think I have a pretty good support network that I need to use a bit more.
  4. I have some networks I haven't tapped into yet.
It's like this, I need to help myself more, instead of just sitting around waiting.  It's hard because I like summer, I being home with little one and just chilling.  I just need to recognize that I need to be a bit more proactive.

I will just end this brief synopsis with this:


"I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down.."